Staff Assembly Scholarship for Continued Education Application
Deadline: March 1, 2023 (Application submission is now closed)
The Staff Assembly Scholarship for Continued Education was created to provide financial support for staff who are working on expanding their educational growth at an accredited institution by earning an associate degree, obtaining their bachelor’s degree, or expanding their breadth of knowledge in a master or doctoral program. The specific award amount and the number of scholarships awarded will vary based on the available funds each fiscal year.
The Staff Assembly Scholarship is offered once a year. Recipients of the scholarship are selected from a committee comprised of volunteer staff across the campus and led by member/s of the Staff Assembly Board. A call will be made to recruit committee members for the selection process once the application is open. Committee members are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to receive a staff scholarship:
- Be a UC Merced
- Career non-represented or represented staff member (past probationary period of employment status)
- Contract non-represented or represented staff with a least 12 continuous months of employment prior to submission
- Applicant must be in good standing (not in the process of corrective action).
- Currently enrolled or will be enrolled in a degree program at an accredited institution within the calendar year.
- If currently enrolled, staff must be in good academic standing (unofficial transcript will be requested which will also satisfy the proof of enrollment)
- If planning to enroll, staff should provide details of the program and expected enrollment in the Statement of Purpose.
- Staff member must continue their education while concurrently employed at the University of California, Merced.
- Preference will be given to staff who did not receive a scholarship in the previous award cycle.