UC Merced Staff Assembly is an organization for staff dedicated to promoting the interests and well-being of all staff members. Staff Assembly supports the University’s mission by providing forums for staff at all levels to communicate on issues of mutual concern, helping create educational opportunities and offering exciting activities for interaction among staff employees.
Staff Assembly is a branch of the Council of University of California Staff Assemblies (CUCSA), which was formed in 1974 to improve communications between UC administration and staff. Our president and vice president represent our campus on CUCSA, which presents staff perspective and recommendations on university initiatives to the Office of the President. CUCSA has also made presentations to the Regents on various issues such as fee waivers for staff and their families, domestic partner benefits, diversity, succession planning and the staff advisor to the Regents.
The UC Merced Staff Assembly is officially recognized by the Office of the Chancellor as an independent advisory body to the University administration on issues of concern to staff.* The purpose of the UC Merced Staff Assembly is to:
- Promote effective communication between campus employees.
- Participate in decision making regarding issues of interest to staff.
- Foster professional contacts and mentoring among staff.
- Recognize and celebrate the rich diversity of backgrounds and contributions that staff offer in support of the University's mission.
- Encourage professional growth and advancement.
*The UC Merced Staff Assembly does not function as a collective bargaining unit.
What Can You Do?
- Attend a meeting. Staff Assembly meets monthly. This is a chance to find out more about important issues pertaining to our campus, such as the state budget and campus morale.
- Serve on a committee. Having diverse voices and points of view on our committees helps us reach our goals of representing all staff members on many important issues.
- Get involved. Volunteer for one of our internal committees or at an event. Your contribution will help Staff Assembly make a difference.